Camp Couchiching Advantage
- Camp Couchiching has been providing quality outdoor education programs for over 30 years. We aim to provide outdoor education experiences that are challenging, engaging and exciting for all participants. We want everyone who visits our Outdoor Centre to leave having developed a new skill and many life-long memories.
- Camp Couchiching is located 90 minutes north of Toronto, just outside of Orillia in a town called Longford Mills on Rama Road. Camp Couchiching occupies 30 acres of beautiful natural surroundings on the eastern shores of Lake Couchiching. Our site is very private, easily navigated and 10min away from in-town amenities and emergency medical services.
- Camp Couchiching is fortunate to have a significant waterfront area extending over 1000 feet. Situated on a point, our camp enjoys two private bays for our waterfront programming. As well, our waterfront is very safe as the water is fairly shallow and visibility is great.
- Lake Couchiching means ‘Lake of Many Winds’ which helps to minimize or eliminate the amount of mosquitoes and black flies that visit our site. Those little bugs have nothing on a breeze and our limestone base isn't great for their breeding grounds. This fact helps us to provide the ideal outdoor education experience by allowing the campers to focus on the activities and not the bugs.
- While at camp, participants will reside in one of twenty modern cabins on our site. All of our cabins are insulated for three seasons, equipped with heat and most with running water and toilet facilities. Our cabins can accommodate at least 10 people per cabin from the same school or group. Most participants will sleep in bunk beds and will be provided with ample storage space. We have one main washroom complex that includes shower facilities, located in the middle of the cabin loop. Other toilet facilities are available in the dining hall.
- Accompanying supervisors may reside in one of the smaller cabins that have been set aside specifically for adult supervisors, each cabin has it's own bathroom, complete with a shower. All of the supervisor cabins are in close proximity to the student cabins.